This Blog has moved to new URL. Visit the blog at the new destination greatestreviews.net.

Reviews: My Blog Log vs. Blog Catalog

Posted by Agent Deepak | Monday, March 31, 2008 | Comments

Well the above two i.e. MyBlogLog and Blogcatalog are considered very good community or social networking for bloggers.

Yes you might have guessed it right I am using both of them. I am member of these. Hey I know how you came to know that. I am having their widget in my blog sidebars. If you haven’t noticed them yet then go and see them with your own eyes. Oh! You can peek in there later first let’s continue the review. Below will be short description on these two.

First is Mybloglog. According to me this one has a top edge on the other. I joined it first. It is one of the Yahoo’s services. Below are some advantages and disadvantages according to me.

Advantages:

  1. High Traffic.
  2. Shiny Widget for your Blog.
  3. Link and visitors Tracking( in short Web Analytics services).
  4. Once you log in cookies and other tracking keep you alive to be shown on others blog. I mean even if you log out. You are still able to tell the blog you visit that you visited it. Your visit put your profile icon on their widget. No need to log in again to show your face.
  5. Until now I have seen good quality traffic from them.
  6. Join the community link in the Widget itself.
  7. Good looks and many visit logs can be seen on widget.
  8. Messaging(Private and public) system

Disadvantages:

None according to me.

Hey get more info. Visit the Mybloglog Website, My Profile and My Community


Second is Blogcatalog. Well it has good user base. I joined it few days ago. Below are some advantages and disadvantages according to me.

Advantages:

  1. Good Traffic.
  2. Simple Widget for your Blog.
  3. Join the community link in the Widget itself.
  4. Good and simple looks.
  5. Many types of widgets available.
  6. Discussion Groups can be made.
  7. Messaging (Private and public) system called Shout Box.

Disadvantages:

  1. Link and visitors Tracking (in short Web Analytics services) not available.
  2. The thing which I explained for Mybloglog in no. 4 is not possible here.
  3. Until now I have seen small amount traffic from them.
  4. Link to community or neighborhood not available on widget.

Hey get more info. Visit the Blogcatalog Website, My Profile, and My Neighborhood

Hey now it’s up to you to decide which one is better? I also ask experts to please give a better explanation for the no. 4 in Mybloglog for others to understand in their way. Please give your own view points as comments.